Sunday, June 15, 2014

Review: Lakme Absolute White Intense Skin Cover SPF 25 shade-05

 Before I start, let me mention that I haven't bought face makeup products (foundation, pressed powder, concealer) in a long time & in that time my skin tone changed too. So even if I were to go & buy these products from the makeup counter, it still would have been difficult. Especially because I'm dusky. & every dusky girl knows how limited our options are.
 So Lakme Absolute White Intense Skin Cover SPF 25 is one of the foundations I recently bought. I know a lot of reviews about this foundation is already up for months now, already mentioned are the goods & the bads of this particular foundation which also includes a detailed description of the packaging. So what am I going to add to the existing points? Well, I wanted to talk more about the shades.
 I've not used this particular foundation before, so I had no idea how this foundation would suit me or which shade I should pick up. So, I went through several reviews to get an idea, which I got, but I still had no idea about the shades. Though why shade descriptions are not added is, 'cause you are not suppose to buy foundation online by guessing your shade! But that's exactly what I did! I went ahead & picked up a shade online by guessing & guess what? The shade is horribly wrong for me.

MRP : Rs.700 (I bought it for Rs.525 from Naykaa)
Quantity : 9 gm (according to Naykaa) Not mentioned on the bottle or the website.

Description: An ultra-light, water-based, oil-free foundation with vitamin B3 & SPF 25 guards the skin against harmful rays leaving it visibly fairer, polished & vibrant with 16 hours of complete skin coverage.


 Texture of the foundation is lightly creamy to touch, as you proceed to blending it, it feels pretty smooth & light on the skin. If you have oily skin (like me), you would love it. It helps to keep the face shine free. Using a face primer before using this would be enough, & you might need to dust some powder over it in the summers. In the winters though, you would have to use a moisturizer. If you have normal to dry skin then you would need light moisturizer even in summers I think. Coverage is light to medium. It won't help you to cover marks on your face unless the marks are pretty light themselves. It is a great option as an every day foundation since it has SPF 25. It feels fresh & it has a citrus fragrance.Which I found pleasant.

Range of Shades: Now coming to the shades...sigh! According to me, this is the part where Lakme screws up royally. First of all even the official Lakme India website doesn't keep a tab of all the shades a particular product actually has. Second, the S.A's have no clue either. They just 'assume' that what ever shades they have are the only shades. My 'guess' is that, the shades are not that limited also, just that they don't have all the shades in all the counters, which shouldn't be like that. This is why I think so...if you check the website you would find, there are only three shades in 'names' without any' numbers' ~ Ivory Fair, Beige Honey & Golden Medium. However, if you were to check the Naykaa website, you would discover three more shades in 'numbers' ~ 01, 03 & 05 . Which makes a total of 6 shades! At least better than 3 shades? No? 3 shades in names, 3 shades in numbers? (Why? Did they launch 3 shades later?) Plus Lakme is no more (only) a modestly priced cosmetic brand. So why (still) the mediocre shades even for the expensive products? When they are catering to Indian women, they should make shades that could be used by a majority of Indian women. There are plenty of olive & dusky women in India. So why only light to medium shades? I hope they  improve the shades.

My Shade: I got the shade 05 which I thought was the darkest shade. But now I think it's not, ( Golden Honey might have been a darker shade than this.There is no way to understand though, unless you try it yourself). Check out the drop on my hand, don't you think it's too orange? & check out the color difference. I thought maybe after blending, it would look 'natural', no it doesn't. It made me look like I had just dusted my face with flour. Not kidding. All I could see was horrible grey/white cast. It's too cool & too light for me. I am NC 43.5 in MAC Studio Fix. & so far no foundation, pressed power or concealer made by Lakme ever matched me. If I ever wanted to use a Lakme base makeup, I always knew that I'd have to 'make do'. Hence I stopped using Lakme base makeup totally. But I decided to try this because I thought, now that they have launched new products in stylish classy looking containers & that the newly launched products are not cheap, surely they must have improved (one of the most important aspect of makeup) the shades? But no, still unsatisfactory as ever.

Over all: The product is good. Not very expensive not cheap either. Limited shades. Only suitable for light to medium complexion. Medium Coverage. Try this if you are looking for an everyday foundation since it has SPF 25.

So that's it. Hope you found it useful. Guys please do leave a comment. Especially because I am taking the initial steps & your feedback is very important for me. Let me know what you thought about this post. Thanks for taking out time to read. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment